Professional Development in 2020
with Rebecca J Flanagan
TWO WORKSHOPS FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD PROFESSIONALS
The Art of Storytelling "Bringing Stories to Life"
Music & Movement in Early Childhood
Date: Saturday 25th January 2020
Time: 10.30am-12.00pm (Storytelling) and 1.30-3.00pm (Music)
Doors open at 10.15am for the first session and 1.15pm for the second session.
Cost: $35 per session (Both sessions are available to book but need to be done one at a time)
For those booking in for both sessions, please note there will be a break in between where I will need time to transition into the second session. This is the perfect time for a coffee and lunch. Kardinya Shopping Centre is only 5 minutes away.
Venue: Meerilinga Cockburn, Winterfold Avenue in Coolbellup Western Australia
Two dynamic workshops for educaton professionals providing a rich array of ideas for i ncluding engaging creative & performing arts based learning experiences into early childhood settings. Be inspired to further support imaginations, creativity and playful learning experiences in your daily routines and elevate your programs through arts focused integrated learning across the curriculum.
* Oral storytelling - featuring cultural stories passed on through generations such as Tiddalik the Frog, Aladdin and his Magic Lamp, How the Years were named after the Animals.
* Extending upon popular children's literature and classic tales.
* Fingerplays, rhymes and songs.
* Musical play ideas to easily incorporate into your routines.
* Music and movement to enhance learning across the domains.
* Props and resources to engage young learners.
Rebecca Flanagan is a passionate early childhood specialist, with many years experience teaching both children in primary schools and adults in universities across Perth. Having come from a musical background, with her training at WAAPA and the Conservatory of Music and her very popular storytelling incursions business, Musical Experiences For Children, Rebecca loves nothing more than sharing her ideas with fellow early childhood professionals in her conference and private seminar workshops.